So, thanks Small Magic Jen little-miss-sunshine for nominating me for a blogging award. I’m new to this and wasn’t sure what was up, but after I checked out some of the other bloggers you nominated, I’m honored! Looking forward to reading more!
Here are my answers:
1. Do you prefer to write in the morning or at night? Why?
I almost always write at night because I have a take-work-home kind of job and writing is my fun reward at the end of the day.
2.Do you prefer to write with music on or in silence? Why?
Probably in silence, but right now I’m writing with the World Series playing in the background, so I’m pretty good at tuning out noise.
3. What would be the title of your own Memoir?
It’s Never Too Late To… OR Dichotomies OR A Full Life
4. If your Memoir turned into a movie, name three actors who you would like to cast to play the big roles in your life.
I have no idea, but when I was young people told me I looked like Valerie Bertinelli.
5.How do you handle your blog critiques?
Actually no one ever offers any critique. I’d love it if someone had some constructive advice. That said, I’m glad I haven’t attracted any trolls.
6. If there really is a muse for writing, how would yours look like?
I picture a fairy of indeterminate age dressed in pale green, with a bent wand and a crooked tiara and a big grin.
7. If your teenage self would read all your blogs, what do you think he/she would write on your comment box? Do you think he/she would follow?
My teenage self would think my blog bland and lacking in angst. I don’t think she would follow.
8. If you are a vending machine, what items except for food would you dispense and for what / how much credit?
Maps (see my latest post), flashlights and umbrellas (you can never be too prepared)
9.What makes up a good morning?
A good night’s sleep the night before, breakfast with one of my favorite people, time outdoors, or time to lounge with a good book
10. Last thing you do before sleep.
Successfully stop thinking about my day
11. Who’s the biggest fan of your writing / blogging?
My other friend, Jen, has been a wonderful support and inspiration.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to tag me, answer these questions, and nominate other bloggers whose writing you admire.
1. What time of day is your best writing time?
2. What is the best writing advice you ever received?
3. If you could live in the world of a novel, what book would it be?
4. What is your theme song? (Providing a YouTube link would be helpful in case I’ve never heard of it!)
5. If you had the perfect writing office, what would it look like?
6. Where in the world would your perfect writing office be located?
7. List a blog that you follow that we should all check out.
8. What book are you currently reading?
9. Halloween is Monday. (Big holiday here in the US.) What are you dressing up as?
10. Who’s the biggest fan of your writing/blogging?
This is a lot like the old chain letters/emails, or the Facebook posts that people post, so understood if you choose not to participate, but I’ll tell you, it was kind of fun.